Weight loss is not often a goal for NutriBullet users, but it’s often an unexpected side effect! The increased intake of natural, whole foods and those good-for-you calories from fruit and healthy fats like avocado and nuts can lead to a slimmer waistline and looser fitting clothes. But for those actually looking to lose weight, specific recipes can go a long way in helping you reach your goals.
But you also want delicious recipes! We’ve gathered a few of our best weight loss recipes so you can get started – no excuses!
The Keto Diet, or Ketogenic Diet is a high-fat diet that is moderate in protein and low in carbohydrates. This macro-nutrient ratio allows the body to switch from using carbohydrates (converted into glycogen in the liver) for energy, to using fat (converted into fatty acids and ketone bodies in the liver).
The human body is like a hybrid vehicle, relying on either carbohydrates or fat for fuel. For the most part, it cannot use both fuels simultaneously. Consuming fat allows the body to access hundreds of thousands of calories of stored fats that have been locked away during carbohydrate metabolism.
In addition to burning fat reserves and super charging weight loss, ketosis produces a clean burning metabolic fuel that has many benefits. Ketones lower production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), enhance mitochondrial biogenesis, and induce positive epigenetic expression. Because of its neurological benefits, I went on a Keto Diet in 2014, and it has been helpful in moderating my MS symptoms.
To help you get started on a Ketogenic Diet, I have compiled this page of my high-fat, low-carb Keto Diet recipes!
Keto-Diet Friendly Foods to Eat
When following a ketogenic diet, meals and snacks should center around the following foods:
- Eggs: Pastured, organic whole eggs make the best choice.
- Poultry: Chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Wild-caught salmon, herring and mackerel.
- Meat: Grass-fed beef, venison, pork, organ meats and bison.
- Full-fat dairy: Yogurt, butter and cream.
- Full- fat cheese: Cheddar, mozzarella, brie, goat cheese and cream cheese.
- Nuts and seeds: Macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and flaxseeds.
- Nut butter: Natural peanut, almond and cashew butters.
- Healthy fats: Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut butter and sesame oil.
- Avocados: Whole avocados can be added to almost any meal or snack.
- Non-starchy vegetables: Greens, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers.
- Condiments: Salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, fresh herbs and spices.
Keto Diet – This Blast is a fantastic option for anyone looking to avoid high-glycemic fruits. The beet adds a little sweetness while keeping your body full and energized! Colorful ingredients, like carrots, are high in beta carotene which is beneficial for your eyes and skin and is known to have cancer-fighting properties. The spinach and parsley are also great sources of Vitamin K to keep your bones strong and healthy.
The Tomato Toddie can also promote weight loss and aid in indigestion. Keto Diet ingredients will give you the antioxidants and Vitamins A, C, and E to help you ace your healthy diet!
Keto Diet Recipes – Ingredients
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Medium Carrot
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- ½ Small Beet
- ½ Stalk Celery
- 1 ½ Cups Water